Friday 11 March 2011

Kalash Valley, Pakistan

Kalash Valley, Pakistan.

This was my first travel photography trip and my first ever shot taken from an analogue Nikon f65.
Here is something i wrote about this trip.

The jeep’s tire slipped off a tiny rock as it moved further towards the valley of Kalash. The road was all rocky with a narrow drive way. It made me sense fear as I looked thousands of feet down through the window which was covered with the December mist. I wiped it off with my hands to stare right through in the eyes of this developing fear. I know it will not last for long. I moved ahead. My destination arrived and I parked my jeep in a beautiful pathway of a wooden lodge. The journey began as I threw my bag on the bed and walked out of my room.
I took out my camera and gently removed the tiny dust particles from the lens with a soft cloth which I always kept in my bag. The wind was blowing, but I could see little raindrops on the green leaves but all this with a bright sun to put an icing on the cake for me to capture yet another master piece of nature. I walked further to get hold of my favorite snap shot. I could smell the wet mud. It took away all the tiredness that the long drive gave me. Passing by I plucked a cherry red apple from a tree branch which was inclined towards the ground. I helped my self with a little jump. Oh there I heard something, there was a bunch of young girls singing merrily and dancing in their traditional dresses. Unaware of the norms of this particular region, I did not know if I could intervene. I sat behind a rock n saw them while I took a bite of this sweet and juicy fruit. The colors in their attire were pleasing to my eyes. I took out my zoom lens and focused them capturing what I could see from there. Suddenly someone covered my eyes with both hands. I tried to remove them and could feel softness on the skin. I made my grip loosen a bit. I did not want to hurt her. She removed her hands and asked me to give the fruit. A young girl, not more than five years old, really brought a smile on my face. She ran away with the apple humming that joyous tune. For a moment I wished to be that kid with a blissful gesture on my face and watched her run away as she disappeared in meadows covered with a lush green canopy of leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment